Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cake Making at Mimi's

Abby wanted to make a cake a put icing on her face and PopPop's face... and... Laugh. That was her request... so ... we did.

We actually got most of the 3 eggs in the bowl.
Mixing was exciting but not as messy as you would think. The bowl just happened to be the perfect height... when Abby let go of the mixer it balanced on the side of the bowl... thank goodness.



The icing melee...

5 comments:

Gams said...

How fun- I want to come make cake at Mimi's with Abby

Anonymous said...

It's your turn!

I want to make cupcakes at Mimi's too! Next time I bake with Abby though, I will remember to not wear my dry clean only clothes.

Last time we baked, I accidentally taught her a cuss word after an "incident" with cherry pie filling and my favorite silk blouse.

Melissa said...

I GOT AN EGGSHELL in my piece of cake!!! But it tasted yummy anyways! Abby you are so good at "making".

Sharla said...

Having a loose grip is a requirement for cooking with Abby... Mimi does it so naturally. I have to work HARD at it so that I don't ruin the experience for Abby. I started wearing my teeth guard (to protect from clenching) during the day, especially during meal-making with Abby. I keep in mind that having a loose grip is a special gift that grandmas have... thank God!

Pam said...

When is the next cake making day. I'll clear my calendar.